Safety Engineering Laboratory (SEL) has over 39 years experience in securing NRTL Marks (UL, CSA, TUV, ETL, MET), European certifications (CE Mark / TUV GS) and other international product safety approvals on thousands of different units for companies both large and small, with products ranging from room-sized medical systems to optical isolators. SEL is also the only UL Certified Agency (AACA.AG348) in the Bay Area and Northern California.
As a UL certified agency, SEL can perform UL testing without engineering witnessing by a UL representative. The approval means greater freedom in scheduling and more control over the entire process. Also, our lab can retest any failures without needing a second UL visit; and issues can be resolved prior to final review and approval by UL.
We specialize in Product Safety and EMC for the following, but are not limited to:
Information Technology | Medical | Telecom | Laboratory | Biotech | Test & Measurement | Semiconductor | Audio-Video | Laser Products | and many more...
- UL60950-1 / CSA60950-1 / EN60950-1 - Information Technology (IT) Equipment
- UL8750 - LED Lighting Products, and Other Lighting Standards UL1598, UL1993, UL935
- UL61010-1 / EN61010-1 - Lab, Test and Measurement Equipment
- UL60065 / IEC60065 / EN60065 - Audio/Video Equipment
- UL60335 / IEC60335 / EN60335 - Household Products
- UL60601 / IEC60601 / EN60601 Series - Medical Equipment
- SEMI S2 / S8 / NFPA79 / EN60204 / IEC1050 / EN292 - Semiconductor Equipment & Machinery
- NFPA70 - National Electrical Code (NEC)
- CDRH / 21CFR / IEC60825-1 / EN60825-1 - Laser Products
- CE Mark / Low Voltage Directive / EMC Directive / Technical Construction Files / CB Scheme
We walk you though the Product Safety and/or EMC approval process, every step of the way, and offer product reviews early on in the design cycle to help reduce approval times, lower your overall approval costs, and minimize the frustration factor.
Our knowledge and expertise of the vast array of worldwide standards and requirements, as well as the "in's and out's" of interfacing with test agencies (and the particular issues with each), is a great resource for you and your company. Our commitment to excellence and customer service will help in making the approval process a smooth and pleasant experience and we hope to serve you in any way we can.